Friday, November 2, 2012

San Francisco..Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair..

This past Monday, I flew out to San Fran to pick up my passport at the Russian Consulate. I had such a good time roaming the streets all by myself. I felt so independent riding the BART and the buses. It was a great experience for me before I fly out to St. Petersburg and live on my own there.

An interesting thing  happened at a mall on Powell Street. You know those salesmen at the little stands who have the fake accents? Well, I try really hard to avoid them, but as I was just about to leave the mall, a very handsome young man approached me. I couldn't help but stop and talk to him.. Not so smart, huh?  After what felt like 45 minutes, I fell into buying a Deep Sea Body Scrub for $33.00.. Just to shut him up...Supposedly, that was the "Employee Discount price only" What I realized later is that I couldn't take it with me on the plane because it had a thick layer of oil. So, I marched back over to him, and guess what? He called the manager, who happened to speak Russian.. And he told me that  it was non-refundable. I tried to fight it because the handsome salesman (who wasn't so handsome anymore) never told me that.. But, long story short I had to exchange it for a face lotion that was half the size of the body scrub. Yeah.. I got majorly screwed over!  O and the salesman dared to give me his number......As if I'll call him..  haha 


Another funny thing happened when I got on bus #48 to go the Consulate. I looked at the map and thought I was going the wrong way, so I got off at the next stop, went across the street and got on the bus going the other direction.. Since, I wasn't  sure if I was going the right way, I asked the bus driver, and he told me that I was actually going the right way on the other bus. So I crossed the street again and caught the next (first) bus... It's all good though because I met lots of nice people on my bus adventures. You'd be surprised at how much people like to talk to you for even the five minutes you sit next to them.. Maybe just cuz I'm a young prettyy girl haha just kidding;)

In the end, I got my passport and had a great time!
(Except when I had to sit at the airport for 4 hours because my flight got delayed.)

Ps. Dont wear flowers in your hair, cuz  you'll stand out for some salesman! 
http://www.facebook.com/2andfromrussia/photos_albums
http://www.facebook.com/2andfromrussia

No comments:

Post a Comment