Monday, December 10, 2012

Feeling Fresh..

Hello there! Yes I am alive and well(: 

I am having a great time getting to know these girls. Last week I learned about some of what they like, what they are in need of and  their personal  stories. It was interesting to just sit back and  observe them. One of the things I noticed is that they need confidence. They are very beautiful, capable young ladies but don't believe that or try to succeed in school or anything else for that matter. 
So I thought about myself and what gives me confidence and motivation in life, and of course  its in the knowledge of that I was made wonderfully by God and for His purpose.  I find self assurance in His Word.
But I know these girls are not yet on that level with God.  So I thought of a more practical way that helps me feel more confident. When I am all put together: hair is brushed, clean, nice clothes, smell good.. etc.. When I feel good about my appearance, I feel good about myself therefore have more confidence and even want to go out there and do something....(to show off my outfit;0)... 
Anyways, this weekend I went shopping for some presents for the girls and I decided to give them something for their hair, personal hygiene, face, some winter things like gloves and socks etc...
I hope and believe that this will start to help them feel better about themselves. 

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.

                                                               Ephesians 2:10

For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.          
                                                      Psalm 139:13-14

Being confident of this, that he who began a good
 work in you will carry it on to completion until the
 day of Christ Jesus.
                                                 Philippians 1:6

No comments:

Post a Comment